Contact North | Contact Nord, the organizer and host of the 27thInternational Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE) World Conference, launches the official portal for the World Conference on Online Learning: Teaching in a Digital Age – Re-Thinking Teaching & Learning to be held in Toronto, Canada from October 17 – 19, 2017. (For an earlier post on ICDE, Contact North, and the conference, click here.)
The theme of the World Conference on Online Learning is Teaching in the Digital Age – Re-Thinking Teaching & Learning with the program focused on five tracks:
- Emerging Pedagogies and Designs for Online Learning
- Expanding Access, Openness and Flexibility
- Changing Models of Assessment
- New Delivery Tools and Resources for Learning
- Re-Designing Institutional Business Models
- Details on the theme and tracks
- Important Dates
- Information on our host city, Toronto, Canada
- Sign-up for our e-newsletter
This will be one of the major conferences on online learning in 2017, with participants from all over the world. Even though the conference is targeting a total of 2,000 participants, early registration is recommended (when registration opens) because of the likely number of people wanting to participate from Canada and the USA alone.
Registration will open in October 2016 (sign up for their newsletter to get the exact date).
Declaration of interest: I am a Contact North Research Associate and have been engaged in some of the preliminary planning. If the choice of conference title is familiar, it was not my suggestion, although I have not opposed it.